Monday, October 01, 2007

Early morning phone call

Jan and I had a phone call from Eli this morning and in the process learned something new about Skype. I had been playing with the settings on Skype and set it to forward calls to my cell phone. Eli tried to call my computer this morning, and Jan didn't get to it soon enough. She thought she had lost the call, when my cell phone started ringing and sure enough it was Eli calling through his computer to my cell phone. We had a great conversation with Eli on speakerphone while Jan and I sat at the dining room table eating our breakfast. The call didn't cost Eli anything, but it deducted money from my Skype account. The phone call costs about 72 cents this morning...worth it at twice the price. OpSec doesn't allow me to be specific but Eli will soon be leaving Al Asad on his first mission. When you're behind the wire there isn't too much to worry about, but venturing outside the wire makes life a little worrisome. We won't rest easy until we hear from Eli again which won't be for a couple of days.

No comments: