Thursday, October 18, 2007

From a son to a mother.....

Eli recently sent an email to Jan....the message was don't worry, be happy! Here's a few excerpts:
I don't want you to worry about us....I know that is impossible, but you have to trust that we are safe. I just finished reading "Ghost Soldiers" which is about the American POWs at Cabantuan POW camp on the Phillipines. There is a letter in the book from one of the prisoners back to his parents, and in the letter it reads, "you don't have to worry about me because with all the prayers everyone is sending me there is no way I could be anything but safe." So, don't worry about us. We're experiencing things and doing things most people will never have an opportunity to experience or do.
I am proud of the fact that I am serving my country, even though I do not agree with this war. I will come home a very proud combat veteran, and even though this whole military experience has had its ups and downs, I know it is something I will never regret.

No comments: