Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Reporting Live from Mississippi!

We're Here! Katy and Brittany arrived in Hattiesburg Tuesday afternoon and hooked up with the boys around 5 o'clock. They left Camp Shelby around 10 in the evening and spent the night at a local hotel. Jan and I arrived in Gulfport about 9:30 this morning after flying out of Richmond. We've hooked up with the boys, we're at our condo and have already walked on the beach and gone swimming at the condo pool. We're looking forward to a relaxing evening out...good food....and great company! The devestation from Hurricane Katrina is evident everywhere. I got very excited whtn I saw the Olive Garden sign beside our condos only to realize that the building wasn't there....just the sign. As you drive down Beach Drive (Route 90) you see more empty lots than buildings. Many things that were here two years ago are gone, leaving empty lots and broken buildings. I've taken a few pictures so far and will be taking many more. When I have a little more time I'll get a few onto the blog. Until now, we're enjoying the moment with our sons!

No comments: