Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday morning email from Eli

It was so nice being able to talk to you all for a little bit the other day. I can't wait until we can figure this skype thing out completely and figure out good times to talk and see each other! Gotta love the technology. Coach Byars wrote me the other day and was telling me about some of his war stories, and when I wrote him back I said, "this definitely ain't your daddy's war!" which is so true. The living conditions over here have vastly improved from even just a few years ago, so I guess we picked an okay time to come over to this awful country. There are a ton of Iraqis that work on the base and so far my opinion of them has been....smelly and polite. You can always get a huge whif of BO when walking past a group of Iraqis, but they are always very polite to us. Its weird because I always think, "I wonder where their loyalty lies and what they really feel about us?" I hope you all had fun with Colby...Seth and I loved the reunion video! I am sure they were two very happy dogs. Send more video sometime because we got that very smoothly and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't wait to hear your voices again! Have a good rest of your weekend as it is just early Sunday morning back in Virginia. I have a short break and then have some briefings this afternoon. I LOVE YOU!

No comments: