Saturday, September 22, 2007

Web Cam Success

No word from the boys for a couple of days. Brittany has heard briefly from Seth, and Katy has had some brief contacts with Eli. Jan talked to them earlier in the week, but I haven't had any contact. They are still in Kuwait doing some training and doing some sitting around. Eli has been sick....not sure if it's a reaction to the smallpox vaccine or something else. On the plus side, Katy and I talked to each other on Friday afternoon over the computer while seeing each other on the web cams. We're using a program called Skype....an internet phone service that gives you free calls from computer to computer. All you need are speakers and a microphone. Jan and I had purchased web cams for everyone and the cameras work with Skype. Now all we need is to get the boys to their final destination and get their internet set up on the base. Hopefully the connections there will be fast enough to support what we've been able to accomplish here at home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Coach Lovell, it's Kala Guy
Just wanted to tell you that I'm going to be using this website to stay updated on the boys status, I am very gald you have made this blog. I've heard from Seth and let me tell you I was pretty excited! He promises me that we will stay in touch so I'm looking foreward for talking to him throughout this year!
Hope to see you around!
Kala