Thursday, April 17, 2008

Barney Fife in Iraq.....

I can't help it, but I keep picturing my boys as Barney Fife in Iraq. They continue their paid vacation in the big sandbox awaiting word on departure. All mission equipment has already been turned in including ammunition for their weapons. They still have their weapons, still have to have their weapons with them at all times - they just don't have any ammo. I have this picture of Barney fumbling in his pocket for his bullet and trying to get his gun loaded. I talked to Eli this morning. He said he tried to take some pictures of the inside of their tent this morning because it looks like it snowed during the night. They had another huge sand storm last night and continuing into today. The sand and dust finds it's way into the tents and coats everything. It may be a paid vacation, but it's at the Bate's Motel!

No comments: